Finished vambrace. You can see that it is a bit beat up after con. They held up pretty well as long as I was careful, but they were a pain to make. Hopefully someone will be able to modify the design to make them work a little better!
The velcro and foam edging were put on with E-6000. That was the only glue we could find that would work. However, I suggest experimenting with a few different glues and find one that works for you. I'm not 100% sure what the foam edging is called, but I got it from Home Depot. It was like window insulator or something. Just look for a bag with orange writing and about 20 feet of this stuff haha!
More detail. I took the edging and put a cut through it with a razor blade so that I could fit it over the edge of the pop bottle. I then cut out a small space for the velcro. When gluing; it's best to let it sit and harden for a couple days. I found that it stayed wet for a while.
I'm sorry I can't explain this a little better; it was mostly trial and error! If you have any more questions though; please feel free to comment or email me on cosplay.com!