Friday, February 3, 2012


Finished vambrace.  You can see that it is a bit beat up after con.  They held up pretty well as long as I was careful, but they were a pain to make.  Hopefully someone will be able to modify the design to make them work a little better!

The velcro and foam edging were put on with E-6000.  That was the only glue we could find that would work.  However, I suggest experimenting with a few different glues and find one that works for you.  I'm not 100% sure what the foam edging is called, but I got it from Home Depot. It was like window insulator or something.  Just look for a bag with orange writing and about 20 feet of this stuff haha!

More detail.  I took the edging and put a cut through it with a razor blade so that I could fit it over the edge of the pop bottle.  I then cut out a small space for the velcro.  When gluing; it's best to let it sit and harden for a couple days.  I found that it stayed wet for a while.

I'm sorry I can't explain this a little better; it was mostly trial and error! If you have any more questions though; please feel free to comment or email me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment